Thursday, 9 August 2012

Some Ruins

I wanted to make some ancient ruins to use as "rough ground" for our 28mm Impetus games, I also wanted them to be generic enough to cross over into a few different periods. I've been thinking about how to go about doing it for some time now, should I start from scratch or maybe cast up some bits and pices in Hydrocal first ? Procrastination took hold and nothing was ever going to happen soon........then I saw some Amera plastic scenery on one of the local shops web sites..........ahhh perfect !..... and easy !

First I cut them out and stuck them onto some 3mm MDF, also adding a few extras such as modelling ballast, sand and rocks etc

Left to dry overnight, they were undercoated in white Gesso and painted with craft paint a very pale cork colour, almost a pale flesh. Once dry I used ( wait for it...... ) Army Painter dip ! I've had a tin for sometime that a friend gave me, who also had it for sometime..... no idea what I was going to use it for, TILL NOW. So I slapped it on. 

Fantastic !

Left to dry overnight again, I then knocked back the shine with some matt varnish and added some flock and a few tufts of grass .............. done ! Not bad..... and quick.